What to wear to a winter wedding as a guest appropriately and stylishly? Now you can find inspirations from so many celebrities’ street styles and fall/winter catwalks which are filled with bright colors, gorgeous prints and feminine lace that are perfect for winter weddings! But before it, you need to know the rules when considering what to wear to a wedding in winter.
Find more fashion tips here: How to style short hair.
What to wear to a winter wedding?
- Invest in nice shoes, coat and handbag which represent your fashion taste. Do not save money in the classic black high heal and quilted leather bag.
Your shoes, bag and coat will reveal your hand right away. Spend your money here. – Nina Garcia
- Get a great coat and make sure it’s attractive. It’s worthwhile to invest into a classic wool coat with standard colors, but it would be more fun with bright colors or distinct pattern which can make you stand out.
- You’ll look elegant and chic in winter white and ivory
- Fur coat (event the faux fur coat) will keep you warm and luxury at once that nothing else can compare with.
- Always consider where the wedding is when preparing your wedding outfit.
- Pick a winter wedding outfit according to the theme of the wedding, just read the invitation carefully.
- Cover up your legs in winter such as wearing black opaque tights.
- If you wear white, make sure it’s wedding appropriate, such as with a simple and neutral design. But it will be safe if not wearing white.
- You would look vibrant in the bright print dress
- If possible, take 2 shoes with you, one pair of heels, and one pair of comfortable flats. In this case you wear high heels for the service and photos or change to flats for the disco.
- Do not wear too tight close. Comfort outfits for your winter wedding are important because you need to wear all day long!
What not to wear to a winter wedding?
- Do not wear all white like the bridesmaid
- Dot to upstage the bride and groom
- Do not wear too flashy
- Do not wear jeans
- Do not wear too short mini dress or skirts and backless dress. It’s preferably to wear a dress with knee length or longer,
Here are a few picks of the winter wedding outfits.
Pants suit for elegant winter wedding style
You can opt for tailored trouser suit for winter wedding. Do not choose all black pants suit just like you are still at work. You can wear gorgeous pants, pair your pants with feminine blouse, classic trench coat, lace up panel shoe boots and finish with the stylish drop earnings and bright color bags!
To look glamorous with pantsuit, add elegant jewelry or opt for an eye-catching color. You can also belt your blouse or jacket for a slimmer look.
Chic, feminine look for the winter wedding
You’ll look chic and feminine with gorgeous dresses and feather gilet or feather coat. Just look at the outfits below: River Island navy blue feather gilet, blue panel bodycon dress, ankle boot covetique and you can finish the look with Chloe leather chain clutch and ASOS Regal Lion drop earrings, perfect chic look for the winter wedding.
Maxi skirt and lace top
Besides feminine dresses, you can also choose a lace top and bright maxi skirt to pair your fur longline gilet for a chic and feminine winter wedding style. It’s a great choice of textures and colors.
Low key and stylish winter wedding style
You can never go wrong with black and white even it’s for winter wedding! If you are looking for low-key wedding outfits, choose black and white outfits. For a more stylish look? Opt for a leopard long sleeve classic dress and pair with black coat, leggings and ankle boots, stylish yet low-key.
Romantic and sweet winter wedding outfit
You’ll look romantic and sweet with a floral flare dress. Pair your dress with classic trench coat or coats with feminine details, red patent heels and finish the look with a gorgeous Chanel Vintage Quilted bag. What a brilliant look!
Or sweet red polka-dot dresses, mix classic prints: such as polka dots and stripes for stylish look.
Vintage winter wedding outfit
Provide the right touch of vintage to your winter wedding style will make you stand out and add special charm. You can wear a vintage dress or vintage shoes with a classic coat and finish your look with modern accessories.
Going monochromatic for formal wedding
If you are looking for outfits for formal wedding, get inspired by Kate Middleton’s monochromatic wedding style below! As the most elegant royal wedding guest in 2012, she wore s three-quarter-length coat, a matching hat and LK Bennett heels in nude.
It’s not so difficult to wear monochromatic outfit for a wedding, just make sure your dress of knee length or longer. Bright up your look with a pair of nice patent platform shoes and accessories.